AVID is an acronym for Advancement Via Individual Determination. AVID is an elective class where students will develop and reinforce attitudes, skills, and knowledge to successfully enter and complete a college prep academic program in high school. Students will learn and apply study skills and learning strategies to improve performance in the content areas: Note taking, outlining, writing, speaking, reading, test strategies and the use of technology. Students are required to enroll in a rigorous course of study, maintain satisfactory grades, and outstanding citizenship while participating in AVID. AVID students will participate in an interactive tutor process to enhance and support them in their rigorous coursework.
Login to Shmoop! Magic word: WHIMSICAL
Homework club is going on now! Meet in rm 224 and 226 Monday through Thursday from 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
Guest Speakers on Campus
This is a chance to hear first-hand information about a campus and meet with a rep. Many of these reps are the ones reading the applications. Not sure about a college—join us for a presentation.
Sign-up for presentations/workshops in the College and Career Center
Community Service Opportunities
(Information in Career Center)
Ongoing Gracepoint Church – Food Distribution – needs help with distributing food every 2nd & 4th Saturday of Month – 8:30-11:30am
21400 Canyon Dr. Wildomar
Ongoing Gracepoint Church – Tutoring for Elementary students – need help with core subjects – Every Monday – 3:00-4:30pm
21400 Canyon Dr. Wildomar
Ongoing Withrow Elementary makeover – need help with artistic designs and painting. Call school office @
The following is a list of suggestions for community service. Please contact the individual organization for information about their volunteer opportunities.
- Rancho Springs Medical Center, Murrieta (Hospital Volunteer program)
- Menifee Valley Medical Center, Menifee (Hospital Volunteer program)
- Loma Linda Medical Center, Murrieta (Hospital Volunteer program)
- Political campaign assistance
- Scouting projects and church activities
- Police & Fire Department Explorer program
- Child care at community events
- Lake Elsinore Animal Friends
- Library assistant (local libraries)
- Collecting for the needy (i.e. food drives, clothes)
- Senior Citizen Assistance
- Habitat for Humanity
- Little League, Youth Soccer, Pop Warner (Coach, Cheer, officiate)
- Senior Centers and Convalescent Hospitals
- Help at local elementary and middle schools
- Assist with school events (i.e. play productions, athletic events)
- Lake Elsinore Community Center
- City of Lake Elsinore